With the recent debut of the brand new iPad models and iOS 15 system, Explain Everything couldn’t pass up the chance to get updated, too. Our digital whiteboard may be a simple teacher’s tool, but even the tech savvy will find little things to be excited about. Prepare to unleash your creativity!
Better Scribble in Explain Everything
You can now use the special Scribble feature that will automatically transform your handwriting into text on all iPads with Apple Pencil.
Handwrite on your Sticky Notes and let Scribble do the rest!
How does it work in Explain Everything Whiteboard?
Scribble can be useful when:
- Broadcasting a whiteboard while giving a presentation.
- Preparing a video lesson.
- Sharing your project to collaborate with others.
Thanks to Scribble, you don’t have to type to make sure your handwriting is legible!
Want to know more how this feature works on your iPad? Find out all about Scribble here.
Center Stage – never be out of the frame
Another cool feature that’s now more available on new iPads is Center Stage. In short, it’s a smart camera that follows you depending on your position. Thanks to its different available angles, it can either grab the bigger picture (if you want more people in a shot) or focus just on you – even if you’re really close to the camera!
It’s like having your own cameraman!
The Center Stage feature works with all new iPads:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad 10.2-inch (9th generation)
- iPad mini 8.3-inch (6th generation)
Center Stage in Explain Everything Whiteboard
Ok, this is all pretty cool, but how can you use it with a digital whiteboard? Explain Everything has adapted its Add New Video function, so now you can enable Center Stage mode by simply tapping its icon. You can of course also choose to not turn it on. The choice is yours!
The main benefit of using Center Stage is that you can move freely in front of the camera and it will follow you without anyone needing to hold it or zoom in and out mechanically.
There are countless ways you can use Center Stage with our whiteboard – your imagination is the only limit! But just to give you a few little hints on how you can combine it with Explain Everything, here are some examples. 👇
Record yourself with Explain Everything Whiteboard showing whatever is needed for your lesson type and topic, like:
- 🤸 P.E. exercises when having your class online, or when students need an extra instructions for individual practice.
- 📐 Any physical objects that are relevant to your class.
- ⚗️ Are you a chemistry teacher? Show your students how to carry out an experiment without worrying that something won’t fit in the frame.
- 🗺️ A map, book, poster, or even a physical whiteboard!
- 🏛️ An architectural detail or element of a design that you are lecturing about.
Basically, it can be anything you need to cover to make your lesson more interesting or informative. You can really show more without the need to move the camera!
Read other recent blog posts:
- FaceTime and whiteboard together using SharePlay
- Teaching languages using an online whiteboard with Darren Lester
- The Explain Everything Whiteboard and Canvas LMS expanded integration
- 5 edtech platforms for higher education – better blended and hybrid learning
- Explain Everything is my Swiss Army knife for presentations