1. Acceptance of terms
The Site and other aspects of the Service provided by Explain Everything are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except for your User Submissions, all aspects of the Service, including all intellectual property rights therein, belong to Explain Everything or its affiliates and/or third party licensors.
As long as you comply with the terms of this Agreement, Company grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable right to access and use the Service as it is intended to be used and in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law. We grant you no other rights, implied or otherwise.
2. Modification of terms
3. User submissions and content creations
You own all of the content and information that you post on the Site and submit to any part of the Service.
You represent and warrant that the use or other exploitation of such User Submissions by Company and use or other exploitation by users of the Site and Service as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
The above licenses granted by you in User Submissions you create or submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you delete your User Submission from the Service, unless your User Submission has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you remove or delete User Submissions from the Service, you understand and agree, however, that Explain Everything may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your User Submissions that have been removed or deleted.
When you publish User Submissions using the public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of the Service, to access and use that content, and to associate it with you (i.e. your name and profile picture), may be viewed by other Service users, may appear in the searchable database, and will be available for others to access and view online. Accordingly, you hereby do and shall grant to each User and to the public a worldwide, non-exclusive, revocable license to access, view and publicly perform your public User Submissions. This license ends when you delete the presentation or your account is closed (either by you or by us), except to the extent that the content has been shared with others and they have not deleted it.
4. Responsibility for content and conduct
It is our goal for Explain Everything to be a safe, helpful educational community for everyone. In order to make this happen, we need your help, which includes the following commitments:
You will not upload, create or make available any User Submission that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, vulgar, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Company or any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Company’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
5. Use of site
Users between 13 and 18 may utilize the Service under an account established by their parent or legal guardian, with such parent or guardian’s approval. Users must be at least 13 years of age or older to use the Service or must be able to provide verifiable parental consent for using the Service to an Group Account Administrator. By using the Service you represent that you are 13 or older, and that you will not permit a minor under the age of 13 to use the Service, your account, or otherwise interact with the Service without verifiable parental consent. Company will never knowingly solicit or accept personally identifiable information or other content from a user or visitor who is known to be under 13 years of age. Please follow best practices for leaving personally identifiable information out of the usernames and email addresses of persons under 13 years of age. For more information please visit the FTC’s COPPA Compliance FAQ.
6. Intellectual property rights
The content on the Service, including without limitation, visual interfaces, white boards, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code, products, software (including any downloadable software), the videos, sounds, music, photographs, drawings, software, scripts, comments, programing, information, data, text, files, graphics, and interactive features and the like services, and all other elements of the Service (including the mobile applications), (collectively the “Content”) generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible by Company or its partners on or through the Service and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Company, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content on the Service is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Company reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Service for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
Explain Everything™ are proprietary marks of Explain Everything. Explain Everything’ trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not provided by Explain Everything, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Explain Everything.
All other trademarks displayed on Explain Everything’s website or Service are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of those Vendors. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the websites of Vendors is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those Vendors endorse or have any affiliation with Explain Everything.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
You acknowledge that by downloading Company’s mobile application via the iTunes App Store, Chrome Web Store, Windows Store or the Google Play Store, that you are subject to their respective policies, terms of service and other related policies and procedures.
You also acknowledge that by uploading, transferring or exporting User Submissions to other third party services, including but not limited to, DropBox, YouTube, Twitter, box, or Vimeo you are subject to their respective policies, terms of service and other related policies and procedures. Company provides the ability to upload to these services AS IS and shall not be responsible for the inability by any User to upload, transfer or export any User Submissions.
You may browse the Site and view Content and User Submissions without registering, but in order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create an account (including setting up a password). You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure and confidential. You must notify Company immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although Company will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Company or others due to such unauthorized use. The information we collect, including information obtained from third parties, may be shared between Company and its affiliates to operate the Service. The Company’s privacy policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when using the Service. Any such information you provide to Company must always be accurate, correct and up to date.
8. Fees and payments
Joining Explain Everything is free, but in the future we may charge fees for certain features. Therefore, Company reserves the right to require payment of fees for certain services. When you use a service that has a fee you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees you will be charged, which we may change from time to time. Company reserves the right to change its price list for certain services and to institute new charges at any time, after we provide you with notice by sending you an email or posting the changes on the Site. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the Site.
9. Third party websites
The Service may permit you to link, upload to, share or otherwise communicate with other websites, services, applications or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services, applications or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Company’s control, and you acknowledge that Company is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Company or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
10. Copyright disputes
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent: It is Company’s policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Company will terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to the Service.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the User Submission that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the User Submission appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the User Submission was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the User Submission; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or, if your address is located outside the United States, for the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
Explain Everything’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is email@example.com.
11. Warranty disclaimer
Company has no special relationship or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Site; what Content or User Submissions you access via the Site; what effects the Content or User Submissions may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content or User Submissions; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content or User Submissions. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content or User Submissions through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any Content or User Submissions contained in or accessed through the Site, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Service.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. COMPANY, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Limitation of liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, FOR ANY CLAIM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
The Service is controlled and offered by Explain Everything from its facilities in the United States of America and Poland. Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You will indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees harmless (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys’ fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Service, use of the Service (including uploading of any User Submissions to any third party services), your violation of this Agreement, or the infringement by you or any third party using your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
14. Modification and discontinuation
Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification or discontinuance of the Service. You acknowledge and accept that Company does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our website and operation of our website may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.