*Please note that designs and names shown in this post are not final and all graphics are just for example purposes.
The Explain Everything whiteboard was created by teachers and for teachers. Since 2011 the software has continued to be successfully tailored to the needs of today’s educators and schools. The relevance of our product has always been our top priority. We want to listen, and we want to keep changing this digital whiteboard for the better for you – teachers.
Take a look at what is to come!
🤝🏼 For better onboarding. New, tailored Teacher, Tutor and School Plans, and more useful educational content
You may have already noticed that we’re trying to get to know you. It’s not that we’re nosy, we just want to improve your experience from the very beginning.
By asking you at the start who you are, we’d like to not only give you the plan that best suits your needs, but also educational content that is better tailored to your work and will help you use the Explain Everything whiteboard for teaching as best as possible.
These new plans and licenses are built on years of experience and conversations with schools and teachers. We want to ask every new user who they are so they can get an offer adapted to their needs and the ways they may be using Explain Everything to teach.
There will be 5 main plans:
- The Free Plan.
- The Tutor Plan that will be equivalent to the Individual Plan that is available now.
- The Teacher Plan, that is suitable for an educator who focuses mostly on instruction and creating learning materials, and has limited group work needs.
- The Class Plan, that is suitable for both a teacher and their students (up to 100), ideal for group work, online and hybrid learning and more engaging teaching and interactive learning methods.
- The School Plan, ideal for institutions that need more licenses (it’s basically an extended version of the Class Plan).
Better, tailored onboarding
Are you a teacher, a student, a tutor? Depending on your answer, you will be taken through a special onboarding process adjusted to your needs. This tailored educational content will help you take full advantage of teaching and learning with Explain Everything without having to master every single feature of this versatile tool. Get down to just the scenarios you will really use in your every-day work. You won’t have to search for the right instructions on your own, because we will hand them right to you.
🏁 For a better start. Tailored shortcut use flows and fun guides
Explain Everything is a versatile tool that can be used countless different ways, even if it comes to teaching only. The goal is to bring the right scenario front and center for you and your students. Whether you’d like to use the digital whiteboard for live teaching, creating and digitizing learning materials, assigning tasks, or just for sharing interactive content.
The Shortcut Flows are designed to be right there waiting for you on the Home Screen. Whenever you open the whiteboard app, you can just start off with one of these options. Depending on the use case you select, you will be taken to a tailored interface without any features that you don’t need so you can get the job done quickly and easily.
New Challenges in Raise Skills (available on iOS version)
This ongoing project started back in 2021, and you can count on further development in this area. Apart from tailored content full of tips, tricks and video instructions to help you learn how to make the most of Explain Everything that you can find or have delivered to your email, we wanted to have some in-app guides, too. These guides teach you exactly how to use the whiteboard tools, and they’re fun! You can collect stars for all of the finished challenges and get some rewards!
Take a look at this challenge example:
👩🏫 For a better teaching and learning experience. More integrations, new templates and clipart, more intuitive teaching
More LMS and communication platform integrations
We’ve already managed to integrate with the main and most reliable and popular Learning Management Systems every teacher knows. Thanks to these extended Explain Everything Whiteboard and LMS integrations, you can conduct your classes and create assignments with a digital whiteboard for education. This means more engaging lessons, easier courses and grading management, better hybrid learning and smart data collection.
Explain Everything can be a perfect asset to other softwares and platforms for education, and therefore its product team keeps focusing on delivering more integrations in this field.
What can you expect?
- Sakai is LMS joining our LMS/LTI tools integrations,
- An MS Teams integration that will take your teaching to another level.
Thanks to Explain Everything extended integrations you’re able to:
- Assign your students interactive tasks and activities.
- Grade their whiteboard tasks.
- Engage students with videos and have them create their own ones.
- Easily get and send feedback.
- Keep track of students’ progress.
Or watch the whole playlist with instruction on how to use the expanded integrations:
Another feature we’ve added to improve your experience with Explain Everything – especially at the beginning – is an ever-growing collection of curriculum-based activity templates. These ready-made whiteboard lessons and activities can help you produce engaging learning materials. You can choose from many categories, like Class Activities, K-8 Subject Areas, Data Visualization or Planning and Seasonals.
The Explain Everything whiteboard template library is an ongoing project, so you can count on new resources every month.
We will be adding new Clipart soon, too!
Have a little sneak peak to the couple of new ones that will soon be available in the Clipart Library.
Live teaching enhancements
Explain Everything Whiteboard is the perfect tool for presentations and it’s currently used to teach live by half of all app users. With the new collaboration features, the live teaching scenario (both in-class and online) is already quite polished, but we are determined to develop it further. This year, you can count on several improvements such as:
- Extended integrations with conferencing tools (like MS Teams and others) so you can use a whiteboard directly in them (without ever having to switch between windows).
- A Toolkit specially designed for using the whiteboard for teaching live. The implemented options will much improve both your experience and audience impression.
- Teach live with the convenient option of adding hyperlinks to your learning materials. Whenever you’re giving a lesson and find you need a bit more information, you can use hyperlinks to go right to the live website and look up anything you need – in real time!
An Intuitive Toolset for a simpler, quicker and enjoyable whiteboarding
Welcome to the new and improved Menu and Toolset! We know Explain Everything can be a bit overwhelming with all its tools and hidden options, and it can take a little while to learn its powers. But don’t worry, because we’re determined to make it as simple as it can be.
- Bye, bye, Inspector Tool! You will now be able to access all its options within the context menu, which is always on hand. Drawing tools will be available from one customizable place, too. No more switching between far too many tools.
- Another feature many Explain Everything teacher-users have requested is coming! The Zoom and Pan around an infinite canvas feature is powerful, but it could be frustrating when drawing. No more! In 2022, maintaining the same drawing width regardless of zoom level will be here to make drawing that much easier and more convenient.
- How many times have you tried to group objects with the Hand Tool simply by selecting them? That just seems intuitive, right? This is why this feature is also coming to the Explain Everything whiteboard this year. You won’t have to select the Inspector first to be able to select and move multiple objects.
Easy learning material creation
The Explain Everything whiteboard for teaching is widely used to create learning materials in different forms, mainly video lessons. Multiple media importing options and a rich variety of creative tools make the process flexible, easy, and even fun. Our aim is to keep improving features that make creating learning materials as seamless as possible.
- We know how many of you teach science. 2022 will bring you more math tools!
- Adding media to your project will be improved so you can import documents, images, videos or any other materials easier than ever, wherever you store them.
- Web Video Links are great but that doesn’t mean they can’t be better. Fast video sharing will be taken the next level, as you can share your lesson anywhere you like with just one tap.
💬 Tell us how you think the best whiteboard for teaching should look
We really want to and love to listen! Most of the features, adjustments and integrations we implement are based on teachers’ requests and suggestions. The Explain Everything product team will be more than happy to hear your feedback.
Here’s the short form you can fill out to help us build a better whiteboard for teaching.