Lately we’ve been receiving fair amount of questions regarding the differences between Classic and Subscription Features of Explain Everything. In this article we will break down those differences.
Earlier this summer we decided to not abandon Classic Explain Everything. The amazing feedback we received from long-time fans of Classic encouraged us to find a way to update the legacy app. You can read more about this decision in the announcement post.
This update was a part of the Explain Everything 4.0 release. It allowed us to offer two ways of getting Explain Everything. One with the original, “Classic Features” and another one tailored for the Cloud experience.
Explain Everything 4.0 update:
- Classic Features remain in the store as one-time-purchase
- The biggest update in its history
- Option to upgrade to Subscription features
The Classic Features version was kept for the following reasons:
- Some schools and organizations have a budget and operational constraints regarding Subscription based apps and services and are not always able to purchase Subscription
- We wanted to make sure our current user-base have access to updates and improvements
- We wanted to provide everyone with choice to continue to use just Classic Features they love or to engage in our new cutting-edge cloud technology and real-time collaboration.
This made us keep the two separate (yet fully compatible) apps in the store. Explain Everything™ Classic Features and Explain Everything™ Interactive Whiteboard (Subscription). Here is a comparison between the two apps and how they differ from each other.